Subject: USGS seeks Geophysicist / Computer Scientist for the ShakeAlert Earthquake Early Warning project
The US Geological Survey is seeking Computer Scientists and Geophysicists to join the team that is developing and operating the ShakeAlert earthquake early warning system. ShakeAlert a mission-critical, distributed system that rapidly detects earthquakes and generates and issues alerts to institutional users and the public on the West Coast of the U.S. These positions are at the project’s central location in Pasadena, CA. Applicants who have experience in scientific development and operations projects in a real-time Linux environment will receive consideration for this opportunity. Languages used include C++, Python and Java. Experience with Puppet, Active MQ, Git, and Perl is also desirable.
* This is a Permanent, Full-Time position
* Level is GS-13 with a starting salary of $100,820 annually
* Two people may be hired under this announcement
* Applicants must be U.S. Citizens and a background investigation will be required
* More information and qualification follow the link below.
* Closing date is 12:00pm EDT, August 2, 2019. Please apply early and carefully follow the instructions and resume guidelines.
THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
For more details or to apply go to USAJOBS:
Announcement number: SAC-2019-0305